Mithila Wildlife Trust (MWT) is dedicated to protecting wildlife and conserving the environment in Nepal. We work primarily in Province No.-2 and Hetauda Metropolitan City of Province No.-3. Dhanushadham Protected Forest located in Dhanushadham Municipality, 22KM North-East from Janakpurdham-9, capital city of Province No.-2 is our focused programme. We also work in partnership to build awareness in local villages and among students about the importance of conservation of wildlife, nature and natural habitats.
We were established as a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization in 2013 A.D. (2069 B.S.) and founded by a local group of experts working towards the conservation of natural resources and wildlife. We’re affiliated to Social Welfare Council and have obtained Tax Exemption status from Government of Nepal. Donation to Mithila Wildlife Trust is exempted under Income Tax Act.
Since its establishment, MWT has rescued and rehabilitated thousands of snakes, turtles, tortoises, birds, monkeys, monitor lizards, deers, blue bulls, civet-cats, pangolin and rare species of fishes in co-ordination with Department of Forest and local communities.
We have also ensured the legal protection of the Dhanushadham Protected Forest to help conserve the few remaining forest patches in Terai region of Nepal.
Our Active Programmes
- Sustainable Management of the Dhanushadham Protected Forest (DPF)
- Sustainable Development Programmes (to achieve Sustainable Development Goals)
- Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Programmes
- Environmental and Wildlife Awareness Programmes
- Animal Conservation
- Ongoing Research of Animal Habitats and habitats
- Law enforcement against Anti-Poaching and Illegal Wildlife Trade
How You Can Help
We are always in need of local and international help to ensure our efforts continue to protect wildlife and forests, and conserve what little is left.
- Donate in support of:
- Current projects
- Local conservation education
- Animal protection
- Partner with us:
- Local (Nepal & India)
- Volunteer with us:
- We are looking for helping hands to support our activities
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.